By Anna B (@traveller15)
I attended 3 panels on the Sunday, the first being Stephen Amell and Robbie Amell. The highlights were:
– On a personal note Stephen and Robbie said they have a lot idiocentric similarities that they are alike but Stephen is anal about placement of pillows and Robbie is the opposite. In other words Robbie said he was slob (messy) but his fiancée is a tidy person.
– Robbie use to make fun of Stephen having small cars which he once had a smart car BMW but Stephen said “hey Robbie had a 4lb dog, just saying”.
– Stephen is 7 years older than Robbie. They are close. Robbie would borrow Stephen’s id to get into bars before he was 21 years because of the age different. They would let him in because they look so alike. He lost his id once and asked Stephen to get a new one.
– They both got into acting at the same time. Robbie went to LA first while Stephen stayed in Toronto for years before he headed to LA. They have bonded more in LA over the Los Angeles Kings.
– Who would win a fight – Robbie I’ve boxed all my life – Stephen I’m an undefeated professional wrestler.
The engagement ring is no longer in the jar of marbles and it was cool to put it there at the time. The ring will come out again.
– Robbie says you learn in the business as you go along. Stephen was analytical in the beginning.
Oliver loves and admires the fact that Felicity doesn’t let him get away with things as he is a bit of a dink at times.
– People were asking when they could see Stephen do the salmon ladder. If they can get one at a Heroes and Villains convention he would gladly show the fans how it is done.
– A common question is how you get the bar down once you get to the stop. Stephen said he brought it down once, but they wouldn’t show it in the show so the stunt guy goes up and gets it down.
– Stephen executive produced a project with Robbie and a mate of Robbie’s, Geoff known for Call of Duty, which they hope to show at Heroes and Villains in New Jersey.
– Two fans from the audience played with Robbie and Stephen corn hole.
– Stephen’s favorite thing to do offset is to hang with his family and watch TV. The same with Robbie.
– Stephen’s wife, Cassandra, and his daughter were at the convention. His daughter, Mavi, is so gorgeous and cute.
Stephen says Oliver would be a good dad. When the baby comes out of Felicity’s womb it would be wearing glasses, have a six pack and a bravta tattoo on its chest. Robbie would stick to being an uncle.
– As Oliver was killed on Earth2 in The Flash who would he want Felicity to be with – in Stephen’s fantasy world Sara. Robbie says Ronnie gets on with Felicity’s mum. So what happens on Earth2 stays on Earth2.
– Robbie is on the X-Files. He said the new show will be massive with the old characters.
– Did either of Robbie or Stephen help each other get a role? Robbie read a script for Arrow and thought this would be booked for Stephen. He text Stephen to read the script which he hadn’t and said you will be booked for this. Stephen’s agent booked him for it and 2 weeks later he auditioned for the role and was the only one and cast.
– If they wanted to be a Marvel character Robbie would be Venom and Stephen, Ironman.
– Robbie has never regretted doing any stunts except ratchet stunts. Coolest stunt Stephen has done is not on air yet, probably the crossover. Stephen wanted to do the stunt where he swings down and rescues Felicity off the land mine in ep 2.1 but when he got up in the tree with the harness on he thought this was a terrible idea.
– Stephen was very grateful to the volunteers and all the fans who attended for the very first Heroes and Villains.
Highlights from David Ramsay’s panel:
– Neal McDonough is an idiot but awesome even though he knows Stephen, John and he are idiots, Neal is a practical joker.
– James Bamford is a strong director and has already been asked to direct another episode.
– There is only one baby Sara. She used to upstage him at first but now she comes to David and is the best.
– David eats no carbs after 7pm and has lots of rest.
– Would like to see Felicity being trained. This season will be seeing more of his and her backstory.
– The mask will change and be streamlined by Cisco at STAR Labs. Not sure what the mask will be able to do but it is bullet proof and block telekinetic brain waves from reading his mind.
– Spartan is the official codename.
– When he was first cast he was only told he would be John Stewart Diggle and did not know he would become Spartan.
– David was very appreciative to the fans and if it wasn’t for us there wouldn’t be the show that is produced and thanked us all.
– There is no running gag this season what is in the box.
– Diggle’s brother’s death is like his crucible like the island for Oliver. He will go through waves of emotions to deal with Andy being alive, deserve to be saved, he is not his brother any more, the enemy etc.
– They are always pranking each other on set. One time Grant Gustin was on set and he down sat on him for 5 minutes and wouldn’t move and his leg went numb.
– No-one can top Barrowman and the sexual things he does and he gets away with it.
– He would fanboy over Patrick Stewart as he is a Trekkie and would love to meet Shatner. He would also fanboy Harrison Ford.
– David was so nice he had a fan come up and sit with him on stage and help with the questions. She was so nervous and crying.
– He will be running for re-election as Mayor on Blue Bloods.
– Favorite scene between Oliver and Felicity when they had the first kiss in the hospital.
– Would like to come up with something on a Tshirt for charity.
– The funniest moment on set is from the crossover which hasn’t aired yet, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, him, Willa, Emily, Grant with Stephen standing in front of them all and Stephen was twitching his bum. It was hilarious to watch David’s impression of it.
– If he would like to play anyone in the DC Universe it would be Moon Night.
The last panel I went to was John Barrowman. Highlights are:
– John came out on stage and said he came out a long time ago and was never going back in as it was a dark place in there and he didn’t like it.
– He praised the convention and that most of the Arrow family were here.
– One of the fans made John chocolate chip cookies and he handed out 4 bags of cookies to everyone in the audience. He said there are rohypnol in 3 of them. They were nice.
– John thanked us all being here and if it wasn’t for the fans he wouldn’t be where he is today.
– It was asked if Nyssa would return. In John’s way he nodded and said yes even though he said I can’t tell you. He said Malcolm will come back and help them at the end as these young ones mess things up.
– Are there any other actors are distracting to work with other than Stephen Amell. Of course, he has a crush on him. He told the story when he was asked if he would be interested to work on Arrow and working with Stephen Amell. He googled Stephen and said that Christmas had come early. So yes, but he wanted in his contract that he did a scene with Stephen topless. He signed on the dotted line. Yes, Rob Lowe was another distraction. Captain America he would love to do him. He likes Daniel Craig.
– John told us about a scene where he was in a bathtub in Torchwood covered in fake blood made out of sugar. It was like candy and when he went home to Scott and said taste me. But after being covered in it for a week on set he had an allergic reaction to it and his feet started cracking.
– He likes torture scenes as it shows depth to a character.
– He has worked with Andrew Lloyd Webber and he is good fun. One time when he was at his house sitting by the fire, John looks up and there is a Picasso hanging over the mantle place and the smoke is billowing up and will ruin the painting. Webber said he would just have it cleaned.
– Who is your favorite Doctor? Tennant.
– John has written with his sister something which he couldn’t elaborate on with DC Comics which will be announced in January which he is really excited about.
– Neal McDonough gatecrashed his panel with nerf bullets and John got him back with silly string. This is Neal McDonough’s first convention he has ever been too. John told him to come. Neal said the fans are amazing people and thanked us.